Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, January 22, 2007

Happy New Year!

We've had a busy January. Here's what's been happening at the Hellwig's so far:

1) We started our total kitchen remodel - what a mess!

Before:
After:

2) Brian's been figuring out more ways to get into trouble:



One morning as I was getting ready for the day, I suddenly realized I couldn't hear Brian anymore. I went to look for him, but couldn't find him, which was weird since he counldn't have gone downstairs (babygate) and all the rooms were closed except for his. Upon closer inspection, I found him quietly playing with his truck, behind his bed! He had crawled under the bed to get back there. What a funny kid!

Brian loves to ride his bike . . .

But sometimes he falls off!


3) We finally had our first real snowfall yesterday (on Sunday morning, of course)! This morning we went out and Brian had his first snow experience:
Brian got all bundled up in three layers of warm clothes. I didn't want him to get cold! If you're wondering about the purple boots, I thought they were blue when I bought them, lol!

At first he was very tentative; I had to keep telling him to go back in the snow.

And then, he decided to taste it - I didn't get a picture of his first taste, but since he's so good at following directions, I just told him to eat some more! Later I had to tell him to stop eating the snow - he was eating the dirty stuff . . .

Brian had a lot of fun running around and throwing snowballs. Well, it was more like dropping them. Because his gloves are a little too big, all his fingers fit in the bigger part, so he couldn't really grasp anything!

Finally, I made a little snowman, made sure Brian wouldn't knock it down, and got him to pose by it! We finished with hot chocolate and graham crackers and milk.


4) Last of all, our most exciting event this month was finding out we're having a baby girl! After already three ultrasounds, we're really getting to know this little one, and we're so excited to add her to our family. I've been showing Brian my belly and telling him there's a baby in there. I don't know if he really understands, but he sure had fun poking my belly button! I'll post the ultrasound pictures once I get them scanned. Love you all!!

6 comments:

Carol said...

I can't believe how different your kitchen looks! I can't wait to see it. :) Brian is so cute. and I couldn't even tell he had purple boots on. ;)

britney valenzuela said...

i didn't notice the purple boots either, he just looks way cute. i miss you guys! i'm excited for your little girl!

Lillie said...

Whoa!! Your kitchen is gone, How do you cook and how do you keep brian out of it? He looks so cute all dressed up to go outside. I can't tell he has on purple boots either. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I have enjoyed getting your emails and pictures every month, but this will be nice. I blog as well. You won't believe it but they actually got snow in Oregon last week. Brian would have loved it.

Meghan said...

I love the blog! I'm so glad you decided to start one! Welcome to the world of BLOGGING! And congratulations about your little girl! Now you will have one of each! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Hey, kitchen's looking good! What do you call that paint color?