Today it snowed more than I've ever seen as an Ohio native my whole life! It all started yesterday (Friday) around nine, and finally stopped snowing today at 4:00 (Saturday).
The roads are terrible, and the county (and pretty much everybody else too) has run out of salt! We are still under a level three snow emergency! I think all in all we got 8-10 inches but even worse is that the winds have been around 35 mph so we found drifts of at least 15 inches out on my driveway!!!
Today I've been shoveling snow and surfing the web. I've pretty much wore out both so I decided to blog!!
As soon as I heard my neighbor out with his snowblower this morning Brian and I ran out and started to shovel the snow! I know from experience that if I am out with my shovel, he will come and do my driveway in about as much time as it takes me to shovel the walk!! And it worked again today!!
So Brian and I played in the snow for a little while, and shoveled off the porch. He had a blast jumping off the porch into the big pile of snow I left.
As soon as the snow stopped falling, I went back out and got another 3 inches off the driveway. I cleaned the cars and decided to move the Saab onto the driveway so it wouldn't get plowed in! That was an adventure, I got stuck tice, but finally got it in. I have some good tires on the Saab for winter but it is so low its like a snow plow without traction! (in other words dismal)
Later this evening I headed back out to take a few pictures. Some o them turned out OK and show a bit of the magnitude of snow we had.
All in all it was a pretty fun day, but I'm tired of being cooped up! Church has already been canceled for tomorrow, and I am sure looking forward to another day of sitting around the house!!
L8r
Troy

1 comment:
Oh my! You guys got SNOW!! I bet you're tired of moving it. Thanks for the pictures :-) Hang in there. It will melt someday.
Post a Comment