I've heard a little complaining in the blogging world lately (which is a small world for me, so take this with a grain of salt, lol), about not having a mantel. So, this blog is dedicated to my mantel where I will hang our stockings (when I finish making them, that is), and where Santa will have a place to enter our home (if we were going to be here for Christmas, which we're not).

This year I put lights across the mantel and I love the effect, especially at night. I tried to keep it simple and elegant.

I started a small village this year of antique pieces that once belonged to my Grandpa Hauert. His villages were legendary and even made the news.

I think this is a great place for Santa, to live - maybe one day I'll make it bigger!

In the other window is one of my favorite nativities (I only have two, so the other one is my favorite as well!). I'm trying very hard this year to not only have the Spirit of Christmas in my heart, but also the Spirit of Christ. Merry Christmas!
This year I put lights across the mantel and I love the effect, especially at night. I tried to keep it simple and elegant.
I started a small village this year of antique pieces that once belonged to my Grandpa Hauert. His villages were legendary and even made the news.
I think this is a great place for Santa, to live - maybe one day I'll make it bigger!
In the other window is one of my favorite nativities (I only have two, so the other one is my favorite as well!). I'm trying very hard this year to not only have the Spirit of Christmas in my heart, but also the Spirit of Christ. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:
Beautiful decorations for your beautiful house...and I love the new header. Your Ellie is growing up fast!
I love that nativity! Is it a music box also? And I am so envious of your ability to be so on top of decorating! Yay you!
I love that nativity! Is it a music box also? And I am so envious of your ability to be so on top of decorating! Yay you!
Sorry, not sure why that was duplicated!
Everything looks soooo beautiful and peaceful!! Too bad grandpa doesn't blog. I think he would be tickled to see your village.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment