This will be a slightly shorter post showcasing the awesome view from (and in) the car as we drove. It was amazing seeing our beautiful country; the changing landscapes were so beautiful!
I started taking pictures as we got into Texas. I guess I wasn't too thrilled with Missouri and Oklahoma lol! I think it was just how different it became, the further away from home we got. . .

The windmills across Texas and New Mexico were amazing. The camera didn't come close to capturing their size and presence.

A beautiful sunset across Route 66 in Texas.


Beginning to leave the flat plains of Texas for the mountains of New Mexico

The start of one of my favorite areas of our country - the Southwest

A small trading post nestled in the side of the mountain

The mountains (and snow) continued after we left New Mexico and headed for Arizona

Another favorite place we drove through: Flagstaff, AZ

This area reminded me so much of the mountains in Utah - I miss them!!

How can you not love this view?

Approaching the mountains of California. When we were further back Brian wanted to know how the mountains were floating above the clouds. Then he wanted to know what was wrong with the clouds!

Even California got the snow!

On the way back from California - Brian was very interested in the huge piles of rocks

I told him they got old and fell off the mountain. After that every time he saw a rock on the side of the road he'd ask, "Is that rock old too?" Every time!

After entering Southern Arizona we passed the sand dunes - beautiful and looked like fun!


One of my favorite things to see was the cacti on the way to Tucson, AZ. I wish we could have stopped the car and gotten a little closer!


As we got closer to Tucson, this peak caught our eye

Having visited Southern Utah several times, these rock formations gave me a great feeling of nostalgia. :)

I might have posted this picture before. . . Traveling across New Mexico headed back to the flatlands of Texas
While I loved the view outside of the car, please indulge me while I share a few shots from inside the car and others from the trip. I love taking pictures of my kids!
The kids did such a great job in the car, especially sleeping! They looked so good I just had to take a picture or two (or three, or four. . .)

Brian got really comfortable under his coat

Ellie cozied up with her kitty every time

They were even on the same sleeping schedule (most of the time)

Ellie was so cute and fell asleep with her hand in her snack bowl. Here she is right after waking up.

Brian being camera shy - why another picture?
Brian and Ellie also did a great job sleeping in our many hotel rooms! We got them special sleeping bags just for the occasion and they really took to them.

Here they are in our first hotel room (Notice the nice carpet - this was our best room the whole trip. . .)


I caught Ellie in the funniest sleeping positions; this is just one of them

The two kiddos not quite ready to get up in the morning
Here are a few more fun shots from the road:

Cherokee Trading Post - famous for its live buffalo

Getting the kids to pose at the trading post

The kids' favorite dinner: PIZZA! (Ellie says, "pi - ZA!")


Posing at a cool McDonald's

Playing around after our favorite evening activity: Swimming!
I started taking pictures as we got into Texas. I guess I wasn't too thrilled with Missouri and Oklahoma lol! I think it was just how different it became, the further away from home we got. . .
The windmills across Texas and New Mexico were amazing. The camera didn't come close to capturing their size and presence.
A beautiful sunset across Route 66 in Texas.
Beginning to leave the flat plains of Texas for the mountains of New Mexico
The start of one of my favorite areas of our country - the Southwest
A small trading post nestled in the side of the mountain
The mountains (and snow) continued after we left New Mexico and headed for Arizona
Another favorite place we drove through: Flagstaff, AZ
This area reminded me so much of the mountains in Utah - I miss them!!
How can you not love this view?
Approaching the mountains of California. When we were further back Brian wanted to know how the mountains were floating above the clouds. Then he wanted to know what was wrong with the clouds!
Even California got the snow!
On the way back from California - Brian was very interested in the huge piles of rocks
I told him they got old and fell off the mountain. After that every time he saw a rock on the side of the road he'd ask, "Is that rock old too?" Every time!
After entering Southern Arizona we passed the sand dunes - beautiful and looked like fun!
One of my favorite things to see was the cacti on the way to Tucson, AZ. I wish we could have stopped the car and gotten a little closer!
As we got closer to Tucson, this peak caught our eye
Having visited Southern Utah several times, these rock formations gave me a great feeling of nostalgia. :)
I might have posted this picture before. . . Traveling across New Mexico headed back to the flatlands of Texas
While I loved the view outside of the car, please indulge me while I share a few shots from inside the car and others from the trip. I love taking pictures of my kids!
The kids did such a great job in the car, especially sleeping! They looked so good I just had to take a picture or two (or three, or four. . .)
Brian got really comfortable under his coat
Ellie cozied up with her kitty every time
They were even on the same sleeping schedule (most of the time)
Ellie was so cute and fell asleep with her hand in her snack bowl. Here she is right after waking up.
Brian being camera shy - why another picture?
Brian and Ellie also did a great job sleeping in our many hotel rooms! We got them special sleeping bags just for the occasion and they really took to them.
Here they are in our first hotel room (Notice the nice carpet - this was our best room the whole trip. . .)
I caught Ellie in the funniest sleeping positions; this is just one of them
The two kiddos not quite ready to get up in the morning
Here are a few more fun shots from the road:
Cherokee Trading Post - famous for its live buffalo
Getting the kids to pose at the trading post
The kids' favorite dinner: PIZZA! (Ellie says, "pi - ZA!")
Posing at a cool McDonald's
Playing around after our favorite evening activity: Swimming!

4 comments:
oh how i miss you guys!@ they are getting so big so fast. It looks like you had a great trip. i am jealous.
So, April 11th is our reception in Ohio. I need to schedule the building, is that still Brian? do you know?
WOW, I can't wait to go on a road trip!! Love the pic's!
Looks like you had a ton of fun. I loved the pics of the cacti in Arizona. Reminds me of my real home!
As to Ellie falling asleep with her hand in the snack bowl, I'd say she's got all her survival skills down pat.
Wow! Great pictures!! What a trip!!! You must have passed close by to Lubbock, TX. Did you wave to D.Ray as you drove thru???
Post a Comment