Each year in December we like to do a special Christmas activity/trip with the kids. This year we went to an indoor carousel and the Tiny Tim Toy Shoppe in Mansfield, OH. It was quite a drive (about 2 hours), but so much fun! We happened to come the weekend Santa was there so we were able to have the kids pictures taken with him as well (for a small donation :P).

Ellie and Brian were so excited to ride the carousel - can't you just see it in her face?

Mommy and Ellie - by the 3rd or 4th ride Ellie was confident enough to do it alone which was a good thing!

Brian really liked racing with the ostriches that were behind them, and they even won the race!

This is the first time in a couple of years that I didn't have to be in the picture. Next year I'll probably have to step back in lol!

Liam, our little elf

The kids loved Tiny Tim's Toy Shoppe! They had a personal shopper who helped them choose appropriate gifts, stay in their budget, and wrap the presents. The hardest part was convincing them not to tell us what they got us!
We also had a lot of fun decorating the house for Christmas. I do have to thank my mother-in-law, Toni, and my sister-in-law, Denae for doing most of it! I think each year it gets harder, especially with the babies!

The kids love the fact that they have their own tree. They've put all their presents under it so, unfortunately, the big tree has hardly anything below its branches.

This brilliant idea of Toni's is one of my favorite decorations; they're hanging from both windows in the dining room and are so classy!
Last of all, I must share the fun the kids have been having with their Little People Nativity:

On this particular day Ellie had them all lined up to take turns getting rides on the animals.

Little Baby Jesus got the first turn!
I hope we are all putting our Savior first this Christmas season. He IS the reason for the season. He's our older brother, our example, our shepherd.

In Relief Society we received a bookmark with this picture on it. I'd like to share what the artist, Liz Lemon Swindle, wrote about the painting:
"As I painted this piece I found myself looking into His eyes and wondering,
'Who is He looking for?'
One day a thought hit me,
'Maybe He is looking for me.'
The Savior knows and loves each of us, and no matter how far we may wander He will never stop seeking after us until He has found us and carried us home."
This thought has truly touched my heart. I don't think I've ever considered that He is seeking for ME. I know He loves each of us. Merry Christmas!
Ellie and Brian were so excited to ride the carousel - can't you just see it in her face?
Mommy and Ellie - by the 3rd or 4th ride Ellie was confident enough to do it alone which was a good thing!
Brian really liked racing with the ostriches that were behind them, and they even won the race!
This is the first time in a couple of years that I didn't have to be in the picture. Next year I'll probably have to step back in lol!
Liam, our little elf
The kids loved Tiny Tim's Toy Shoppe! They had a personal shopper who helped them choose appropriate gifts, stay in their budget, and wrap the presents. The hardest part was convincing them not to tell us what they got us!
We also had a lot of fun decorating the house for Christmas. I do have to thank my mother-in-law, Toni, and my sister-in-law, Denae for doing most of it! I think each year it gets harder, especially with the babies!
The kids love the fact that they have their own tree. They've put all their presents under it so, unfortunately, the big tree has hardly anything below its branches.
This brilliant idea of Toni's is one of my favorite decorations; they're hanging from both windows in the dining room and are so classy!
Last of all, I must share the fun the kids have been having with their Little People Nativity:
On this particular day Ellie had them all lined up to take turns getting rides on the animals.
Little Baby Jesus got the first turn!
I hope we are all putting our Savior first this Christmas season. He IS the reason for the season. He's our older brother, our example, our shepherd.

In Relief Society we received a bookmark with this picture on it. I'd like to share what the artist, Liz Lemon Swindle, wrote about the painting:
"As I painted this piece I found myself looking into His eyes and wondering,
'Who is He looking for?'
One day a thought hit me,
'Maybe He is looking for me.'
The Savior knows and loves each of us, and no matter how far we may wander He will never stop seeking after us until He has found us and carried us home."
This thought has truly touched my heart. I don't think I've ever considered that He is seeking for ME. I know He loves each of us. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:
Love the pictures! I love the one of you and Ellie! I love mommy daughter pictures!
Post a Comment