Summer is over and it's time for many to go back to school. While no one in this household is school-age, yet, I thought it would be fun to go back to blogging (okay, fun for me, but you get the idea). My goal is a post (at least) a week.
To kick it off, I'm doing a week of posts! TA DA!
And to make it more exciting, I'm doing a fun give-away to encourage you to visit more often and leave your comments! I will be posting more about the give-away later this week. Just know the more you comment, the better your chances are of being a WINNER!
In today's blog I'd like to reminisce about our summer vacation, or should I saw Staycation. We did it the cheap way but it ended up being very fun. We had a special visit to IKEA, a beautiful arboretum where we took beautiful pictures, an ice cream factory, and an indoor waterpark (indoor you say? it was better for little kids).
Our favorite part was the photo shoot we had with Brian and Ellie at the Dawes Arboretum. We're hoping to get some of these photos edited and wall-worthy thus eliminating the need to go to boring JCPenney portrait studio.

The Dawes Arboretum is beautiful and we really only saw a small portion of it. From the look-out tower we got a good look at this 2,040-foot-long Hedge Lettering, spelling out "Dawes Arboretum."

We began taking photos in the Japanese Garden. And the kids were so cooperative (especially with the added incentive of gummy bears!)

A great shot of Brian - love the colors

Our beautiful Ellie

So sweet and tender

Happy and Mischievous

Can't really see the kids but I love the setting!
And last of all, our visit to the ICE CREAM FACTORY! Okay, it was a little lame and the tour was even lamer, but at least we go to eat ice cream, right?
And to make it more exciting, I'm doing a fun give-away to encourage you to visit more often and leave your comments! I will be posting more about the give-away later this week. Just know the more you comment, the better your chances are of being a WINNER!
In today's blog I'd like to reminisce about our summer vacation, or should I saw Staycation. We did it the cheap way but it ended up being very fun. We had a special visit to IKEA, a beautiful arboretum where we took beautiful pictures, an ice cream factory, and an indoor waterpark (indoor you say? it was better for little kids).
Our favorite part was the photo shoot we had with Brian and Ellie at the Dawes Arboretum. We're hoping to get some of these photos edited and wall-worthy thus eliminating the need to go to boring JCPenney portrait studio.
The Dawes Arboretum is beautiful and we really only saw a small portion of it. From the look-out tower we got a good look at this 2,040-foot-long Hedge Lettering, spelling out "Dawes Arboretum."
We began taking photos in the Japanese Garden. And the kids were so cooperative (especially with the added incentive of gummy bears!)
A great shot of Brian - love the colors
Our beautiful Ellie
So sweet and tender
Happy and Mischievous
Can't really see the kids but I love the setting!
And last of all, our visit to the ICE CREAM FACTORY! Okay, it was a little lame and the tour was even lamer, but at least we go to eat ice cream, right?
Troy got pressured into partcipating in the tour. I think they're mixing or creaming or something. . .

Great times were had by all (even after Brian's ice cream fell on the floor after the first couple licks. . .)
Keep reading and you find out what you'll be winning!

8 comments:
I'm sucker, what can I say. So here is my comment, though I probably would have told you anyway.
#1 Ellie is turning into such a beautiful little girl! I love her curly hair! Very elegant.
#2 For the picture by the bridge, I would try to crop it just a little closer, and then maybe try messing with the saturation (either higher or lower). It might help distinguish the kids from the background better.
Fun shots!
I love the pictures of the kids...the scenery is beautiful :)
Love the pictures. Beautiful place...much better than JcPenney, and considering I use to work there as a photographer thats saying a lot. :) they are getting so big.
2. you and troy both look great too. You can really tell Troy lost that weight in his biggest loser competition. and you look beautiful as always.
3. keep those posts coming. love reading your blogs!
I have missed your posts! I have always thought you have beautiful children, but that little Ellie could be in a magazine. She is GORGEOUS! Such a pretty face! I loved the photo shoot you did and I loved your vacation highlights...very kid friendly. Good job mom!
You have the cutest kids!
I love these pictures of your kids!
Hmmm...how did I not know of this alleged ice cream factory? Troy Boy--you are looking great!
Cute, cute, cute kids!
Back to blogging - that's my goal! I haven't updated since May! Maybe one of these days... Love the pictures! Your kids are so cute and we miss them!
Post a Comment