Do you know how long I've been holding on to this???

Too long!! To be exact, it was three days too long according to the DMV on Monday. I received the horrifying news that since my license had expired and I was changing it to a new state, I had to, "start the process over." What exactly did that mean? Get a learner's permit, take the written test, and take the driving test. Are you serious?
To add to the drama, I lost my SS Card (which you need as a proof of identity to get a new license)! Quick call to mom to OVERNIGHT me (I'll pay you back, I promise!) my birth certificate so I can apply for a new SS Card (which I need to get a new license). Get the birth certificate the next day (thanks USPS!), go to the SS Office, find out I don't really need my birth certificate, but do find out I can't get a new card until I have a new license. Okay . . . Luckily they have this nifty printout I can take to the DMV that qualifies as a SS Card.
So, Wednesday I'm all syked up to GET THIS DONE. I can become very anxious and nervous on occasion and I definitely was that day. I couldn't eat, couldn't focus on anything else (couldn't do the laundry, thus Troy is wearing one dirty sock today - he had one clean loner). All I have to say is, "Thank you nice man at the DMV!" He helped me out so much: scheduled my driving test for the only opening they had that afternoon even though I hadn't taken the written test yet, had compassion on me and my plight, and took me out on the driving test knocking only 10 points off! He was so helpful!
So, something I thought might take weeks and months to accomplish happened all in one day! I'm officially (even though I do own a home and am registered to vote) an Ohioan now!

Too long!! To be exact, it was three days too long according to the DMV on Monday. I received the horrifying news that since my license had expired and I was changing it to a new state, I had to, "start the process over." What exactly did that mean? Get a learner's permit, take the written test, and take the driving test. Are you serious?
To add to the drama, I lost my SS Card (which you need as a proof of identity to get a new license)! Quick call to mom to OVERNIGHT me (I'll pay you back, I promise!) my birth certificate so I can apply for a new SS Card (which I need to get a new license). Get the birth certificate the next day (thanks USPS!), go to the SS Office, find out I don't really need my birth certificate, but do find out I can't get a new card until I have a new license. Okay . . . Luckily they have this nifty printout I can take to the DMV that qualifies as a SS Card.
So, Wednesday I'm all syked up to GET THIS DONE. I can become very anxious and nervous on occasion and I definitely was that day. I couldn't eat, couldn't focus on anything else (couldn't do the laundry, thus Troy is wearing one dirty sock today - he had one clean loner). All I have to say is, "Thank you nice man at the DMV!" He helped me out so much: scheduled my driving test for the only opening they had that afternoon even though I hadn't taken the written test yet, had compassion on me and my plight, and took me out on the driving test knocking only 10 points off! He was so helpful!
So, something I thought might take weeks and months to accomplish happened all in one day! I'm officially (even though I do own a home and am registered to vote) an Ohioan now!

No comments:
Post a Comment